Snook Elementary School seeks to provide a positive and nurturing environment for all students. We want the students to learn and experience daily success. We work to instill in each student a sense of community responsibility and the importance of life-long learning. Our goal is to have all students reach their individual potential and have a desire to learn new things.
We are learning about
Making healthy choices will lead to a much happier and more successful life. The earlier you begin practicing healthy habits, the easier it is to stick with them, but it’s never too late to start. It requires making the time to live a healthy lifestyle.
Follow these tips for a healthy mindset:
- Meal Time: Eat a balanced and healthy meal at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water each day.
- Physical Time: Exercise, play, run, ride a bike, jump rope, or anything that gets your heart beating. Physical exercise strengthens your brain.
- Sleep Time: Elementary students need 9-11 hours of sleep each night to give the brain the rest it needs to recharge for the next day.
- Focus Time: Concentrating on details and difficult tasks helps to build strong connections in your brain.
- Free Time: Relaxing your minds and bodies allows you to recharge so that your focus time is more effective.
- Reflection Time: Thinking about your day—the struggles and successes, your feelings and actions, your dreams and goals—help make your future brighter.
- Connect Time: Connecting with people helps you build strong relationships, seek help from others when needed, and support them when they need help.
Ultimately, it is important to help your child make choices that will benefit them physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially. Discuss how they spend their time and how they can invest more in the tools that create a healthy mind and body.