First Steps: Enrollment in SISD
Welcome to Snook ISD! We are honored that you have chosen to register your child in our district. We strive to provide the best educational experience in order to build a solid foundation that will prepare all of our students for future academic success.
Step 1: Complete the Student Information Sheet (available on the Snook ISD website or at the SISD front desk) and submit it along with the following documents (child’s birth certificate, social security card, and shot record; and parent’s ID and proof of residency) to your child’s campus office.
Step 2: Complete online registration. You may complete this process from home, or you may come to the school for guided support. You may also complete the online Free or Reduced Lunch Program application at that time.
IMPORTANT Parents with students returning to Snook ISD will receive their Parent Portal registration code in August.
Pre-Kindergarten: Snook ISD offers full-day Pre-Kindergarten. To be eligible, a child must be at least four years of age by September 1, 2020 (born by 9/1/2016). NOTE: Students who turn five years of age by September 1, 2020 are eligible for Kindergarten or tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten.
SISD offers free Pre-Kindergarten for those who meet the eligibility criteria. (complete the application and submit it to the Snook Elementary office)
To be eligible for free Pre-Kindergarten, your child must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Be the child of an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code Section 1143a;
- Be the child of a member of the United States Armed Forces who were injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code;
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas award as a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder who are killed or suffer serious injury in the line of duty; or
- Be eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program.
Additional information detailing the eligibility requirements: https://tea.texas.gov/ece/eligibility.aspx.
SISD offers tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten ($300/month) for those who do not meet the eligibility criteria above.
Once again, thank you for choosing Snook ISD.