Prevention & Intervention
Student Strategies to Prevent Bullying
- Choose to not participate in bullying behaviors.
- Report any incident of bullying to a teacher, administrator, or counselor.
- Practice skills and strategies to take a stand.
- Encourage your friends and classmates to take a stand against any bullying they observe.
- Take an individual stand.
- Be friendly toward another student that is a target of bullying.
- Be a friend to new or needy students.
- If you hear bullying, change the conversation or help the student being bullied walk away from the situation.
Student Strategies If You Are Being Bullied
- Walk away with confidence, even though you may not be feeling it at the moment.
- Be calm.
- Tell the bully to stop.
- Use appropriate language.
- Do NOT argue or fight back.
- Have friends around and stay in safe places.
- Tell a responsible adult that you trust (parent, teacher, coach, counselor, administrator)
- Keep telling until the bullying behavior stops.