SNOOK ISD SHAC
The School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) assists the district in ensuring that local community values are reflected in the health education program. The council will address the continued implementation of a coordinated health program including health education, physical education, health services, nutrition services, counseling, healthy school environment, health promotion for staff and family/community involvement. The SHAC meets at least 4 times during the school year.
The mission of the Snook ISD School Health Advisory Council is to work with the staff, parents, and community to provide a healthy environment for the students to learn and grow.
The vision of the Snook ISD School Health Advisory Council is to increase student health awareness in hopes that students will develop a healthier lifestyle which in turn will help them be more successful in school.
- Emily Vacha, RN – President, School Nurse
- Katy Janner – Secretary, Director of Food Srvc.
- Randa Vajdak - Vice President, Parent and PA
- Teresa Allen – Elementary Counselor
- Sarah Bonner - Elementary Physical Education
- Diana See - Grandparent
- Tiffany Sodolak - Parent
- Denna Ward – Parent
- Shayna Kindt – Parent
- Gwen Pulkkinen – Parent
- Dennis Gaas - Constable, Grandparent
- Melissa Kovar - Parent
- Hold a community/staff Fun Run or Walk to raise money for a local charity.
- Mail out a weekly health newsletter to staff and parents.
- Conduct a student survey on the school climate.
- Continue to improve on the number of students that fall in the Healthy Fitness Zone.
- Provide student Dental Screening.
- Provide UIL athletic students with Cardiac Screening.
- Provide Stop the Bleed for staff.
2018-2019 MEETING DATES
October 24, 2018
December 19, 2018
February 27, 2019
May 8, 2019